Friday, September 23, 2011

St. Francis Mural Project

Here's the latest progress on the mural.  I started washing in the color for the figures in the first row this week.  It's exciting to see how far I've come, but also overwhelming to see how much work is left.  The beginning of a painting always goes fast because you're using a big brush and blocking-in large areas...detail work on the other hand requires much more time.
 Here are some reference photos I took for the figures.  I hired a theater tech student at JD to operate the stage lights to create a theatrical mood.  I think they turned out beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment